DUBAI: Indian captain Rohit Sharma has been named captain of the ICC World Cup 2023 Team of the Tournament featuring five other players from his team.
Team India gave a dominant performance and remained undefeated throughout the tournament before losing to Australia in the final, resulting in six of their players being part of the ICC Team of the Tournament.
Other than India, two players from champions Australia, one player each from semi-finalists South Africa and New Zealand, as well as one Sri Lankan featured in the ICC Team of the Tournament.
Notably, no player from the Pakistan cricket team made it to the glittering line-up.
The selection panel included commentators Ian Bishop, Kass Naidoo, Shane Watson, Wasim Khan (ICC General Manager, Cricket), and Sunil Vaidya (Journalist, Ahmedabad Mirror).
ICC World Cup 2023 Team of the Tournament
Here is the team of the ICC World Cup 2023 (in batting order):
- Quinton de Kock (wk) (South Africa) – 594 runs at 59.40
- Rohit Sharma (c) (India) – 597 runs at 54.27
- Virat Kohli (India) – 765 runs at 95.62
- Daryl Mitchell (New Zealand) – 552 runs at 69
- KL Rahul (India) – 452 runs at 75.33
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia) – 400 runs at 66.66 and six wickets at 55
- Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 120 runs at 40 and 16 wickets at 24.87
- Jasprit Bumrah (India) – 20 wickets at 18.65
- Dilshan Madushanka (Sri Lanka) – 21 wickets at 25
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 23 wickets at 22.39
- Mohammed Shami (India) – 24 wickets at 10.70
12th player: Gerald Coetzee (South Africa) – 20 wickets at 19.80